Monday, January 26, 2009

Manali to Leh

















From Manali to leh with Love:
1st day: 2nd sleeper train overnight from ahmd to delhi
2nd day: sitting car shatabdi from delhi to chandigarh
2nd night: a sleepless bumpy bus ride from chandigarh to manali
3rd day: spent entire day drinking beer and waiting for my sardar friend who arrived in his customized machismo christened ugly centaur
4th morning: we wanted to start out at 4 am but it rained entire night and we started at 6 am. I could not sleep the entire night. The next day after crossing Rohtang pass my bike went dead. We spent a few hours trying to fix my bike but in the late afternoon we loaded it on to a truck. My friend ugly centaured ahead. Night we halted in one of the camps with my bike still on the truck. I had a few bottles of beer and went to sleep at around 3 am. we got up at 5 am and continued on our way. My friend was ahead in his bike and i on the truck. Around 10 PM we finally reached leh. more in my next post

No comments:

Post a Comment